Friday, February 1, 2013

New Beginnings

Hello, world!  A few days ago, I adopted two rats.  Their names are Stuart and Leonard.  Stuart is a sweetheart and a mushpot, while Leonard is skittish and afraid of his own shadow.  You see, Stuart always had a loving home, and people who loved him.  Leonard, on the other hand, was rescued from a tank which was home to a snake.  Now, I'm pretty sure, that the snake must have been a good loving pet himself and it wasn't anything personal with Leonard, he was just a rat in the wrong place at the wrong time.  They've been together for quite a while now, pretty much attached at the tails.

Stuart and Leonard, I think, are representative of most creatures on this planet.  The Stuarts of this world, respond with love because it's all they've ever known, while the Leonards, who were lucky enough to meet a snake and survive, are timid and shy.  

And they, like I, am starting over together, one day at a time.  They, are in a new home, with a new human; and I, am beginning my life over as a single parent once again.  Like Stuart, I was raised by a loving mother and family; and like Leonard, I have known my fair share of snakes.  I am loving and kind, yet timid and shy; but that's okay, because I'm okay - if only for, today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment